Saturday, January 19, 2013

Life update, since the last post:
- Completed my Math major.
- Started and finished my student teaching (MS and HS), and my Secondary Education major.
- Graduated from college =)
- Became a certified Secondary Mathematics teacher in two states so far, working on the third.
- Taught my two summer classes for the 2nd year, and got asked back for my 3rd 2013 summer.
- Currently working as a full-time math tutor at a HS in urban Massachusetts, and job-searching for next year.

Hoo boy!

What's been on my mind lately:
- Do I want to start my classroom teaching career in an urban, more difficult-to-manage school, or in an "easier" suburban environment?
- How will I measure the success of my students mid-year and at year-end?
- What can I do to increase my students' retention of math content from week to week, other than just in basic skills?
- What else can I do this school year to improve myself as an educator and thinker, and make myself a more marketable teacher candidate?

No comments:

Post a Comment